To give disadvantaged children the best possible start in life
Ikhwezi, which means ‘Morning Star’ in isiXhosa, is a pre-school in the Xolanaledi Township in Grabouw in the Western Cape. The school is situated in an informal settlement. Many learners live in shacks and their parents earn a marginal living from seasonal fruit-picking.
To meet the education and nutritional needs of as many preschool children in the Xolanaledi Township as our resources allow.
To achieve this goal:
• Our tuition must be as affordable as possible
• Our teachers must have the most appropriate qualifications
• Our tuition must prepare our learners optimally for their next step
• We must make the best use of our premises to achieve our vision
• We must provide a safe, healthy and harmonious environment that is conducive to bringing out the best in our learners.
• Develop and empower our staff so that they can take over the management of Ikhwezi
Watch our video
See exactly how we accomplish our goals.